Thursday, March 10, 2011

On Work, Part II

I'm at the beginning of a three day weekend and I'm so excited I could explode. I think Americans place way too high a value on work. The most important thing about you shouldn't be what you do for a living, or how long you spend in the office, etc. If a person I've just met can only talk about their job, I know instantly this is a person I have no interest in knowing, I think their values are skewed. Yes, it's important to be a working, productive member of society, yes, it's important to make a living so you can support yourself, yadda, yadda, yadda, but at the end of your life, do you really think you're gonna say to yourself, 'I shoulda spent more time at the office,?' No, you're not. So take a day off, call your best friend from high school to catch up, go see a movie by yourself, go for a walk in the park, volunteer at your favorite charity, just live. It's so much more fun than spending a day in the office. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment