Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On Weight

Since Jan. 1st, I have lost eight pounds and it feels like those eight pounds were the weight of the world. I don't know if my body feels lighter, but my soul does. I finally know what it feels like to set a goal and actively pursue it. This sense of accomplishment is all-encompassing, almost overwhelming. Why didn't anyone tell me that setting goals and working to reach them felt so good?

I haven't started working out, mostly because I can't get myself out of bed early enough to have an effective workout, but I have stopped myself from eating like a pig all of the time. I still have my moments, but I am training myself to think of food as not entertainment, but simply as sustenance. I'm not all the way there yet, I still crave food when I'm sitting on the couch watching a good movie or one of my favorite shows, but I'm getting there. I just had no idea the journey to 'there' would be so invigorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment