Thursday, March 17, 2011

On Emotion

This morning I stood in my closet, chest heaving, nearly in tears because I couldn't figure out what to wear to work. I have no idea where that overly emotional response came from, but obviously it's been laying dormant inside of me, waiting for the perfect moment to spring forth and catch me unaware. It's all the more confounding because I am not an emotional person, the last time I cried was at my grandmother's funeral two years ago. I am not prone to crying fits, temper tantrums, etc. and considering my generally copacetic mood lately, this episode is really out of nowhere. But it gives me hope. Lately I've been thinking that I need a good cry to let go of all the things that keep my mind racing when I lay down for sleep at night and maybe my little episode means I'll be able to let go of all the negative feelings I try to hide away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment