Thursday, March 31, 2011

On Victory

I said I'd post every weekday for the month of March, and surprisingly I did. I say surprisingly because I am notorious for setting goals and not acheiving them. But with this, I did. Those times when I had NOTHING to say (and that was, sadly, quite often) I made myself think of something tangible and remotely interesting, at least to me, on those days when I didn't have time, when all I wanted to do was come home, take a shower and fall into bed, I made myself post because I'm done with breaking promises I make to myself. The fact that I followed through on this feels better than I could ever imagine, and it makes me think that I can always feel like this, if I just stop disappointing myself. From here on out, I vow to never disappoint myself again. Now, I'm not sure what I'll do for the month of April, my immediate thoughts are turning to trying my hand at poetry and posting them on the blog, but we'll see. I know I'm going to take 4/1 off and regroup, but it's been a wonderful, sad, stressed, joyful, busy month and I'm thinking April will probably be more of the same, and I'm definitely going to need the blog to help me make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment