Monday, March 28, 2011

On Procrastination

My tragic flaw, you know, if my life were a Greek tragedy, would be my habit of saying I'll do things in that nebulous 'later' timeframe. I have always been one to put things off to the last minute, starting a project the night before it was due, studying for the test as I sat in my desk waiting for the teacher to pass out the test, and even today,with my job, while it doesn't allow me much leeway to procrastinate, I still find myself stockpiling work to do when I have some 'free' time. I would really like to change this about myself. It's just not worth the stress I give myself, it's not worth the never ending loop of thoughts about what I have to do. I just need to do things as they come to me, and I would remove one more obstacle out of my way on the road to success. I'll work on this 'getting things done' attitude every moment that I can, instead of, you know, 'later.'

No comments:

Post a Comment