Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On Sleep

It seems my new obsession is sleep. It's all I can think about, how much I can get of it, when I can go to sleep, when do I have to wake up, etc, and I'm strangely okay with this. After going MONTHS with horrible sleeping patterns, I'm going to allow myself to luxuriate in getting eight, nine, heck, even ten hours of sleep at night. I'm going to allow my body what it needs, and right now with this crazy schedule I have at work, what it needs most is productive rest. To say that I am stressed at work is an understatement, I can't stop thinking about my future and the things I need to do to make what I envision work, and this is driving me nuts as well. I wish I could just slow these ever pressing thoughts down and push them back, far enough away from my consciousness that I'm not making myself sick with them. But sleep is giving me a peace I haven't felt in awhile, and for now at least, I'm going to wallow in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment