Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On Food, Part II

I had three wonderful, relaxing, joyful days off, the only thing is that it threw me off that whole not eating like a pig thing I had going on. I didn't stuff myself, I just ate all the wrong things. But the good thing is I'm not beating myself up about it, it's just made me realize I need to stop using food as a celebration, as the go to thing when I need a mood lifting or when I want to relax with a good program on my television, simply it needs to stop being the centerpiece of my life. That's so easy to say, but it's so hard to do. I love food, the smell, the taste, the way it makes me feel, but I can't live like this anymore. I'm tired of feeling guilty whenever I eat. I just want to have a healthy relationship to food. How does one cultivate that after 31 years of having a love/hate relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment