Friday, April 2, 2010

Work is driving me crazy

Work is currently WORK!@! and I have no idea how to handle it. This is the first job that I've had that's ever required MORE from me and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I ran away from responsibility for a LONG time and I know that it's no longer an option, but on my run, I didn't exactly equip myself with the skills to separate my professional life from my personal life. How does one find an acceptable work/life balance?

I've seen the beautiful 2009 movie "UP in the Air" and I do not want to mimic George Clooney's character's life, where work was number one and interfered with his personal relationships. I'm not a workaholic but this job is essentially making me one and I do not want to put it first. But...I can't remember the last time I hung out with my friends. When I'm done with work on Saturday afternoon, I just want to collapse on my couch and not move until Monday morning, and that's pretty much what I've been doing for the last three months.

How does one put work in prospective? How do you overcome extreme tiredness when you do want to go out? Do you sacrifice sleep and rest to have a social life? Simply, how does one handle an adult working life?

No comments:

Post a Comment