Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hi World!

I've had a revelation of sorts since starting this blog and it is this: I'm not an interesting person. Don't get me wrong, I love my life, well, the part of it that isn't spent at work, but I don't have varied interests nor am I the person who has a mass amount of knowledge about various arcane subjects, I'm not outdoorsy, etc, etc, etc. I am a homebody. I enjoy spending my free time watching movies and tv, or reading a good book or perusing the internet. And those aren't activities to turn your nose up at, they're a hell of a lot of fun, but they aren't conducive to being with the ones you love or meeting new people. And that is what I'm missing out on, connections strengthened and connections made.

So how does one go out and live the good life? And what is the definition of the good life? I know I want to meet more people, make new friends, try things I've always been too afraid to do, but how does one get the strength to do that? Is it something you build with your hands or is that seed already inside of you? Like I said before, I am naturally inclined to stay in, behind and out of view, so how do I change who I am fundamentally? Would it be worth it to try? And what would be the reward? Just knowing that I went out on a Saturday night? Whenever I have ventured out to clubs or bars, I usually spend my time wishing I was back at home on my couch.

I don't know, this is all so confusing. I'm gonna go watch Star Trek 2009 and worry about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment